The 2018 Winter/Spring Arts & Recreation Brochure is here!
Head over to the classes & workshops calendar to view classes by date & category, or click any of the links below for more information on the events that interest you!
Download a copy of the brochure: *** CAS Winter&Spring Brochure 2018 ***
- Multiple Dates – Function Fitness; progressive fitness classes to improve your health
- Multiple Dates – Tai Chi Directions; beginner and intermediate classes available
- Multiple Dates – Creative Arts for Children; weekly art class for kids aged 7-9
- January 30 to February 20 – Experience Watercolour; weekly art class for kids aged 6-8
- February 8 – Baby Sign Language; communicate with your baby through sign (also offered Mar.1)
- Multiple Dates – Creative Arts for Youth; students aged 10+ will learn to use multiple mediums
- February 16 – Paint n’ Sip! Night Lights; our first Paint n’ Sip of the year is instructed by Tara K
- February 22 – Skating on Mirror Lake; a themed night of acrylic painting for kids aged 8+
- February 23 – Paint Night for Youth; kids aged 9-12 will create a cool painting of the Northern Lights
- February 24 – Spirit Dolls; Art Therapist Nikki Featherstone leads this afternoon of intention & creation
- February 25 – Old Red Barn in Watercolour; a great workshop choice for all skill levels
- February 27 – Starry Sky in Watercolour; kids aged 9-12 will learn a variety of watercolour techniques
- March 8 to April 26 – Beginner Bridge; learn the basics, or just come to play in this free course
- March 13 – Country Barn in Acrylics; create an old barn and foliage in acrylic paint with Tara K
- March 15 – Fantasy Flower Garden; a messy and fun class for kids aged 7+
- March 16 – Paint n’ Sip! Stiletto Rouge; take a walk on the wild side with these striking red stilettos!
- March 17 & 18 – Copper Pot, 2 Lemons, & Orange; oil painting class suitable for intermediate levels
- March 18 – Koi Fish Swimming; Willie Wong leads this stunningly colourful watercolour class
- March 18 – Fleur de Lis; work on two canvasses at once to create a stunning “set” of opposite coloured paintings
- March 20 & 27 – Prairie Warbler; bring this beautiful bird to life on your canvas in this two-day acrylic workshop
- March 23 – Paint n Sip Butterfly on Barn Board; choose the colour of your butterfly to create this beauty on barn board
- April 6 – Paint n Sip Venice Canal; float down a canal in the beautiful old Italian city of Venice.
- April 7 – Drawing Workshop for Children; learn the basics of drawing with pencil. Recommended for ages 8-10.
- April 7 – Drawing Workshop for Youth; learn the basics of drawing with pencil. Recommended for ages 11-13.
- April 8 – Couples Tree Heart; spend some quality time with your partner, family member, or BFF! Work on three canvasses together
- April 14 – Coloured Pencil Portrait; step by step guidance with skin tones, values, blending, facial features, and problem solving
- April 17 – Into the Night; capture a luminous glow with moonlight reflecting on water in this night time acrylic painting.
- April 19 – Feathered Friend; learn how to blend colour as you fill your canvas with a cute bird portrait!
- April 20 – Paint n Sip – Paris at Night; light up your night with this impressionistic creation of the illuminated Eiffel Tower!
- April 21 – Mixed Media Triptych; a triptych is a set of three panels or compartments side by side, bearing pictures, carvings, etc.
- April 21 – Photographic Composition; learn some guidelines for good composition. Designed for beginners to intermediate level.
- April 22 – Vintage Bookshelf; paint a shelf of vintage books on a specialty sized long narrow canvas.
- April 24 – Mushrooms; slip into the enchanted world of the forest floor to create this up-close study of mushrooms
- April 28 – Tile Whimsy; have fun creating tile art using alcohol inks and embellishments like stenciling, acrylics, gems, and more!
- May 1 & 8 – Owl Buddies; two owls in a tree? Yes please! Learn some finer painting techniques to bring these two buddies to life!
- May 3 – Mother’s Day Duet; Mom and child will each paint an owl picture that when hung together display a loving message.
- May 5 – Taking Better People Pictures; learn how to take better individual and group pictures of people.
- May 5 – Winter Elk; enjoy painting this majestic creature set in a winter scene, with acrylic paint.
- May 5 – Drawing with Pencil; learn the basics of drawing with one of the best!
- May 6 – Acrylic Landscape; create two beautiful 11×14 inch landscape paintings with artist David Shkolny
May 10 – Evening Campfire; create the warmth of a crackling campfire using acrylic paints.
- May 12 – Female Nude in Watercolour; create this exquisite nude with instructor Willie’s help.
- May 12 – Taking Better Landscape Pictures; we can help you capture those beautiful sunsets or fall colours.
- May 13 – Branch Out; detailed and bright foliage steal the show in this nature lovers workshop!
- May 15 – Morning on the Lake; paint your own beautiful view of a wooded lake in the morning light!
- May 17 – 3 Cats on a Fence; paint 3 cats on a fence with a full moon backdrop! Recommended for ages 7+.
- May 22 – Prairie Journey; travel through the Prairies with easy step by step instruction to capture this timeless scene on canvas.
- May 24 – Dancing Fairies; create lively little fairies dancing under the stars. Recommended for ages 7+.
- May 25 – Paint n Sip Sea the Light; learn impressionistic techniques using loose brushstrokes to create this lighthouse scene.
- May 26 – One Day Masterpiece; students will complete a painting while being encouraged to explore their own personal expressions
We are always interested in hearing from enthusiastic artists eager to share their passion with others. From oil painting to guitar thumb picking to fibre art, we encourage artists of all mediums to apply. Contact Jane at 672.9949 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The Camrose Arts Society is seeking Board Members!
This is your opportunity to have first-hand involvement in organizing and executing several exciting annual events and festivals, and well as have a say in the development of the Arts community in Camrose!
Please click on the image above for more info and call Jane at 780.672.9949 if interested.